Enhanced understanding of exploited resources
This operation focuses on the status of resource stocks and their life cycles (sexual maturity, longevity, growth, migratory or aggregation behaviour, etc.), fishing gear selectivity, quantifying unreported fishing activity and its impact on resources.
It will also strive to supplement or optimise current fishery data acquisition and analysis systems (fishing effort, catches and biological data) to guide management decisions and monitor the impact of the management measures introduced.
- Conduct studies on the stocks of species of interest (identified by the coastal fisheries observatory based on analysis of available data: update the sea-cucumber stock study carried out in 2008 around New Caledonia, better define sizes at sexual maturity for marketable sea-cucumber species, etc.)
- Conduct studies on the life cycles of species of interest (identified by the coastal fisheries observatory based on analysis of available data)
- Share and build region-wide methodological approaches wherever possible
- Carry out studies on fishing gear/resources interactions to guide management (e.g. fishing gear selectivity, etc.)
- Other studies to be determined